Graduate Developer - EPMA
Purpose of the role
Work in an Agile development team in interpreting requirements, designing, developing and unit testing new software and amending or bug fixing existing modules contained within the product set.
- Contribute to development effort as a hands-on developer within your team.
- Pro-actively seek guidance from colleagues as required to ensure first time correct delivery and continual development of technical skills.
- Ensure code reviews and unit testing are completed, and that these are consistently following departmental guidelines. Where no formal guidelines exist, work with peers to formulate and enforce such guidelines.
- Timely and accurate reporting of assigned work status as required, reporting risks and issues as they arise.
- Triage assigned software defects. Ensure that work on defect resolution does not impact on agreed product deliverables, reporting to Product Owner/Scrum Master where resolution will require renegotiation of deliverable dates for other tasks.
- Keep abreast of technology trends and how they apply to your area. Put forward suggestions for improvement to development processes or tools where applicable.
- Achieve agreed productivity targets in order to ensure tasks are delivered to schedule, reporting as early as possible to Product Owner/Scrum Master where deliverables cannot be met.
- Any other activities in support of the business which can reasonably be expected to fall within the capabilities of the employee.
Education and experience
Whilst it is accepted that the individual education and experience profile for Graduate Developers will vary, the following is provided as a guideline:
- BSC or equivalent in a software engineering discipline.
- Professional qualifications appropriate to software engineering roles.
- Good communication skills enabling positive collaboration with functions outside development.
- Understanding of formal software development methodologies.
- Good understanding of principles, theories, practices and techniques for delivering software development projects.
- Good understanding of C# and .NET framework
- Good understanding of creating and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Good understanding of cloud development and deployment, with particular regard to Microsoft Azure and document databases (e.g. Cosmos DB).
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to email@example.com