Customer Service Lead
Our team provide support for the configuration and use of a major System C platform which is used by the NHS to record vaccination data. The support team consists of 1st support administrator and 2nd line support advisors, with additional responsibility of being senior point of contact with the associated 3rd party supplier and platform customer base.
The Customer Service lead will be responsible for both supporting the product, as well as line management of the service team. Within the wider support function there are 2 other teams who support different product areas. As such, each of the area Leaders are expected to work closely to ensure we operate to a set of standard processes and apply a consistent approach to supporting our customer base.
The nature of this post will require the holder to possess superior relationship management skills, a proven ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment, whilst having the personal drive to take the current service offering from good to great. The individual will be in constant direct contact with senior-level customers and will be responsible for leading the team in terms of the prioritisation of issues ensuring customers’ needs are met from a support and SLA perspective.
The nature of the customer base requires an extremely visible and sensitive approach to be adopted. There will be a high degree of hand holding required through the on-boarding process and beyond, along with the need to always maintain open communication channels with the end customer. Strong multi-tasking and ability to think on your feet is considered a pre-requisite to succeeding in this dynamic environment.
They will be expected to work to tight timescales and accurately update customers as to the status of their issues maintaining attention to detail. The remit of this role will include working across teams consisting of developers, product managers, technical support and software engineers.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Assume ultimate responsibility and ownership for customer’s platform issues through to resolution
- Constant focus on improving the end customer experience (both new and existing)
- Proactively build strong working relationships with senior customer stakeholders
- Lead by example when promoting enhanced levels of attention to detail across the support team
- Oversee the investigation of incidents related to the product, coordinating where necessary with the 3rd party supplier to obtain resolution
- Ensure customer facing material enables effective product use and keep up to date with solution changes internally to feed these through to the end customer
- Review and improve processes that drive the Customer Service function within the specific product area to enable effective and accurate working at all times
- Provide hands-on assistance to support advisors where necessary to ensure incidents are resolved in a satisfactory manner
- Use initiative to process and prioritise faults according to incident type and in line with SLA
- Escalate any issues in advance of an SLA breach whilst retaining ownership
- Provide line management of the team, including completion of appraisals and personal development plans to optimise skills and knowledge
- Support the allocation of staff to activities based on knowledge, skill set and staff availability
- Author knowledge-based articles for both internal staff and customers
- Provide Month End SLA Reporting in addition to any other incident management related reporting as required to effectively manage the issues and the team
- Ensure ITIL process is followed for all incidents
- As appropriate, participate in providing out of hours on call support
Skills and experience
The post holder must have knowledge / experience of:
- Ability to focus on the big picture whilst not losing sight of the detail
- Successfully building and nurturing relationships with senior customer stakeholders
- Track record of delivering against targets in a time-sensitive and pressured environment
- Team leadership skills including team building and coaching of individual staff is desirable
- Experience managing effectively whilst working remotely (self and others)
- Strong written & verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Writing product/service documentation and knowledge-based articles
- MS Office applications (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, Project and Visio)
It is desirable for the post-holder to have knowledge / experience of:
- Experience working in some capacity with the NHS
- Working within a software development company
- Managing non-technical product focussed support teams
- Agile software development
- JIRA and Confluence
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org