Customer Service Advisor (2nd line)
Our team provide support for the configuration and use of the National Immunisation Management Service (NIMS) which is a platform provided by System C that allows the NHS to manage its vaccination programme. The Customer Service Advisor role provides predominantly 2nd line support. The post-holder will be in direct contact with customers on a regular basis and will be responsible for ensuring customers issues are investigated, updated, and managed within SLA.
The nature of this post will require the holder to possess excellent relationship management skills, and a proven ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment. Attention to detail is a paramount success factor as in this environment even small mistakes can have a large reputational impact.
Being able to multi-task and think on your feet is considered a pre-requisite to succeeding in this dynamic environment. Working to tight timescales is another essential skill. Being able to demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and accountability will also be of value.
The nature of the customer base requires an extremely visible and sensitive approach to be adopted. The holder will be required to maintain open communication channels with the end customer, this includes accurately updating customers as to the status of their open issues.
The remit of this role will include working across teams consisting of developers, product managers, technical support, and software engineers.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage the support of customer issues using the company ITSM tool, JIRA
- Process and prioritise issues related to the product in line with existing SLAs, coordinating where necessary with the 3rd party supplier to obtain resolution
- Constant focus on improving the end customer experience (both new and existing)
- Proactively build strong working relationships with end customers
- Escalate any issues in advance of an SLA breach to Customer Services Lead
- Ensure customer facing material enables effective product use and keep up to date with solution changes internally to feed these through to the end customer
- Author knowledge-based articles for both internal staff and customers
- Ensure ITIL process is followed for all incidents
- As appropriate, participate in providing out of hours on call support
Skills and Experience:
The post holder must have knowledge / experience of:
- Working on a high-profile external customer-facing service desk
- Successfully building and nurturing relationships with end customers
- Experience delivering against targets in a time-sensitive and pressured environment
- Willingness to use flexible thinking to identify and deploy rapid customer solutions
- Experience both learning and operating effectively whilst working remotely
- Strong written & verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Writing product/service documentation and knowledge-based articles
- MS Office applications (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, Project and Visio)
It is desirable for the post-holder to have knowledge / experience of:
- Experience working in some capacity with the NHS
- Working within a software development company
- A proven L2/L3 support background
- Agile software development
- JIRA and Confluence
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter and CV to email@example.com