Cloud Support Team Lead
Technical Support Manager
With the growth of cloud-based systems and technologies, System C’s operations team have recruited several support engineer roles to help with the management and support of our internal and external cloud-based systems and services. The team lead will oversee the Cloud Support Engineers, providing leadership and mentoring to the team and will drive a culture of continual process and self-improvement. The role is expected to be hands on, and the successful candidate will be expected to involve in the day-to-day work activities.
You will work closely with the Technical & Solution Reliability Engineers (SREs) to ensure that new products and services are handed over from the development and operations teams in a controlled manner, complete with documentation, training, tooling, and automation. Responsibilities will then include proactively maintaining and monitoring production systems, suggesting and implementing improvements to the quality and efficiency of the organisation’s cloud-based products and services, including opportunities for savings.
This role will suit a natural and methodical problem solver with an automation first mindset. As such, scripting skills are necessary, along with a desire to learn modern technologies and platforms. Training will be provided in MS Azure technology, and we expect the candidates to work towards certification if not already held.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performance manages support technicians including staff appraisals, objective setting and 1:1 review
- Ensure all staff have appropriate training and develop personal development plans to meet future requirements
- Drive the continuous improvement of service through Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Information Security and Knowledgebase practices
- Own the escalation of incidents (P1’s & P2’s) whilst expediting issues to the relevant teams
- Deployment, support, and ongoing maintenance of cloud product sets
- Ensuring systems and applications have sufficient and actionable monitoring
- Maintenance of existing automation configuration and tools, working closely with SRE team on new opportunities for automation and improvement.
- Extension and improvement to monitoring tools and platforms used within the operations teams
- Identifying and proposing solutions to existing problems and inefficiencies with existing and new products and processes.
- Eventual Participation in a 24x7 On Call Rota (Paid as an Extra)
Skills & Experience:
Candidates should have experience in some of the following areas –
- Understanding of core cloud technologies compute, virtual networks, storage, and database.
- Appreciation of networking concepts and terminology
- PowerShell scripting or similar
- Wintel Infrastructure
- Strong security awareness
- Good customer service skills, and the ability to represent System C at customer locations
- Strong documentation and verbal skills
- Good organizational skills to meet agreed workload timescales, as well as working under pressure
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- ITIL knowledge, principles, and application
- Leadership Experience
- Microsoft Certified
- Azure Technologies
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to email@example.com