Clinical Product SME
Working in an Agile Development Team, leveraging clinical subject matter expertise to support the development of their module(s) to ensure their module(s) contribute a market leading element to the integrated clinical electronic patient record.
Product SMEs provide guidance, direction and Quality Assurance with regards to end user expectations, use models and workflows associated with their modules providing subject matter expertise to the Development team, and occasionally the Deployment and Support teams and externally with customers.
Product SMEs collaborate with QA Analysts in the development and maintenance of test cases, test plans and other test materials and in the execution of test plans and reporting of test results for specific product releases to assure the quality of software prior to external release.
Whilst Product SMEs will leverage their expertise to take SME ownership of one or more modules, over time it is expected that expertise in a broader range of modules and products will be developed to support flexibility within the team and provide broader product knowledge.
- Contribute to design of modules within the clinical domain.
- Early identification and mitigation of clinical safety risks.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of Alliance applications.
- Create workflow models, specifications, and diagrams.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters in order to define outcome criteria and measures.
- Collaboration with members of your Agile team to ensure software delivered by each sprint and each integration test meets both functional and non-functional requirements.
- In collaboration with the QA Analysts, creation and execution of test scripts, recording outcome of tests, reporting defects and identifying opportunities for product improvement.
- In collaboration with the QA Analysts, definition and execution of increasingly complex workflow and scenario testing.
- Execution of ad-hoc testing as required to meet the test plan.
- Creation and maintenance of suitable test environments for all software testing to take place. This includes the set-up of the software being tested and populating or configuring test data. This may extend to testing of interaction with devices e.g. printers, bar coding, dictation devices, medical devices. Testing of interfaces and integration with other modules, products or interface test harnesses.
- Perform static testing and impact assessment of Design and Change Request documentation.
- Collaboration with members of your Agile team to ensure all user stories have sufficient acceptance criteria defined, from which test cases will be derived.
- Timely and accurate reporting of assigned work status as required by your team and/or manager, reporting risks and issues as they arise.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new software, and enhancements to existing software.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential problem areas.
- Support external customers with guidance and troubleshooting. (3rd line Customer Support)
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified or new software.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified or new software.
- Any other activities in support of the business which can reasonably be expected to fall within the capabilities of the employee.
Education, Experience and Skills
Whilst it is accepted that the individual education and experience profile for Product SME will vary, the following is provided as a guideline:
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in an appropriate role in a clinical setting.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years hands on experience of with clinical software used in an acute setting. Must include one of the following:
- Software release testing and configuration
- Involved in training
- Preparation of user documentation and standard operating procedures
- Requirements capture.
The post holder must have knowledge / experience of:
- Clinical qualifications and background within the NHS / private healthcare
- Knowledge of standards and DCB0129 and 0160 requirements
- Project Management skills, principles and practices
- System analysis, design, development, testing, release, support & maintenance best practice and lifecycles
- NHS and wider Healthcare market awareness
The post-holder must have the following skills:
- Clinical qualification with at least 2 years’ clinical experience
- Ability to balance working closely with the product team as when needed with a degree of autonomy.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Products
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Positive attitude
- Strong organisational skills
- Negotiating skills
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to exhibit patience and understanding
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org