Automation Tester Contractor – 12 Months
As an automation tester, you will be responsible for developing automated functional and non-functional test scripts to continuously improve the efficiency of our software development process and the quality of our products. As such, you will be part of an agile team, involved in every step of the software development process, including:
- Understanding the requirements of each product and system to test
- Designing, reviewing, and developing code for micro-service, component and system-level testing
- Being accountable for design and code reviews
- Maximising the use and benefits of automated tests
- Carrying out non-functional testing such as volume and performance, resiliency and chaos tests
- Ensuring development and documentation standards are met
The Automation Tester will:
- Work alongside SDETs to create and execute on multiple application platforms, including but not limited to API, Web, Mobile, and Desktop.
- Working closely with the manual QAs to define test data requirements.
- Create & manage bug reports and communicate with the team.
- Be able to build different test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Support troubleshooting of issues with API's and applications.
- Be able to set up, maintain, enhance / extend and operate test automation frameworks.
- Identify quality tasks during the team sprint cycle, estimate test efforts, and implement automation for new features.
- Analyse and communicate test results and defect tracking.
- Support proof of concept development activities.
- Act as a flexible member of an agile team who can perform other roles as appropriate.
- Participate in performance and load test effort.
- Assist in the planning, creation and control of the test environments and test data.
- Innovate in best automation, Agile and continuous testing practices by contributing to framework enhancements
- Work with the development team to develop a shared understanding of making the product and manual tests automatable
- Assist in Manual QA activities as necessary
An experienced and enthusiastic automation tester who strives to deliver good quality software ensuring that testing standards are always adhered to. A key member of an agile team who is flexible and able to perform other activities such as technically review code and troubleshoot problems. The successful candidate will be able to self-organise and be able effectively communicate their position to all key stakeholders both within the agile team and with other peers from the wider QA and development teams.
- University degree in Computer Science, similar technical degree or equivalent experience
- ISTQB Certification in software testing
- Minimum of four years commercial software testing experience
- Technical testing skills and experience automating testing of mobile, desktop or web-based applications.
- More than three years testing in an agile environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills enabling positive collaboration with functions outside development, including senior management and customers.
- Open, patient and supportive towards other team members to help induct new team members or grow the knowledge of more junior team members
- Smart, presentable, role model
- Ability to create SQL queries to interrogate/update a database
- Knowledge of NoSQL based databases.
- Understanding and experience of XML and JSON and use relevant tools
- Experience in working with Development teams to test using test harnesses, e.g. Postman
- The ability to test the engine of the software, testing the rules, logic, and data flow below the GUI
- The ability to step through developer demos (including the ability to read and understand code) on Developer PCs, as well as feeling confident to step through Unit tests with developers
- Testing the integration hooks between modules, applications, and systems
- Experience in using, troubleshooting, and testing RESTful API's
- Understanding of automation best practices
- Experience writing automation scripts using front-end automation tools, e.g., Ranorex, Selenium, Appium
- Any experience with performance or load testing tools would be advantageous
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to email@example.com