Atlassian Systems Administrator
As an Atlassian Systems Administrator, you will be the primary contact for supporting, maintaining and configuring Jira, Confluence and any related plug-ins and integrations that underpin the software development, delivery and service desk functions, providing compliance, governance and ITIL alignment.
You will work independently to create new projects and service desks, implement workflows, custom fields, and third-party plug-ins. As such, this role requires strong stakeholder engagement, clear communication and organisation skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Jira and Confluence, fielding questions and providing hands-on support to internal teams and stakeholders.
- Determine ways to improve Jira process workflows and identify where functionality can/cannot meet stakeholder needs.
- Implement new Jira projects, service desks, workflows, customisations and integrations that help deliver an efficient development and support operation.
- Provide user and license management, granting permissions where required and appropriate.
- Develop effective dashboards and reports to support leadership and project teams.
- Offer new ideas for using the Atlassian suite more effectively
- Create sufficient user documentation to aid the support of Jira and Confluence.
- Perform system administration and maintenance tasks, including backups, indexing and configuring scheduled jobs inc. out of hours, where required.
Skills and Experience
What are we looking for?
- Excellent IT skills with the ability to learn new systems and processes with ease
- Jira and Confluence administration experience
- Ability to test, recommend and install new plug-ins
- Excellent attention to detail, prioritisation and organisation skills
- A flexible approach and the ability to engage well with customers
- Willingness to engage users on best practice use for our core JIRA and Confluence platforms
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and agile is also a huge plus
The post holder must have knowledge / experience of:
- Working in a fast past environment
- Creative problem solving
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks
- Working on own initiative as a task demands
Project management experience would be advantageous.
The post-holder must have:
- The ability to collaborate with people in other teams:
- Good documentation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent telephone manner
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Able to evaluate situations and requests and respond in line with company policies
- Good working knowledge of MS Office Applications (i.e Outlook, Word and Excel)
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org