Application Support Specialist
Part of a Product team including product specialists/designers & project managers working across the clinical & social product set to support our customers in their use of our software toolkit. The role will also involve gathering requirements and produce functional design specifications. Working in an evolving agile development environment it will mean participating in a variety of activities throughout the product lifecycle. Works with the product owner, UX designers, developers, QA, & Deployment to ensure service delivery to customers in line with internal and external SLA’s.
Working as a member of a small but dynamic team of product specialists & designers, with varying backgrounds and specialist areas of expertise, who are producing innovative mobile applications and software toolkits. Key requirements will be supporting the components of our product set through issue management and problem resolution.
- Building and adapting applications using the solution toolkits provided, through iterative design methodologies and working close with client (e.g Clinical) teams
- Meeting internal Operational Level Agreements as well as Customer Service Level Agreements to maintain excellent Customer Service across a range of live deployments
- Providing Testing or Problem solving support to Development and Deployment Teams for new functionality or in troubleshooting new issues
- Solution roll-out support including customer education, onsite support, sales support, etc.
- Producing Documention for Known Error Databases, FAQ’s, and Release Notes
- Development of User Guides, Technical WIKI’s and resources to support internal and external teams
- Assistance with securing Customer sign-off of requirements and participating in usability testing studies as required
- Analysing and documenting workflow in support of requirements analysis and functional design, identifying and estimating benefits of alternative workflow adoption;
- Writing requirements for new solutions, enhancements and defect corrections;
- Working with stakeholders e.g. Development, Designers & Customers in the evolution and validation of the solutions;
- Analysing and defining product changes needed to support integration with aligned 3rd party products and or complementary solutions;
- Analysing market needs as identified by product management & researching available and new technologies to assess benefits and feasibility of use
- Research business and functional trends to identify product opportunities to help inform product roadmaps
Day to day running of the Service Desk: Utilise service desk tool to prioritise and manage incoming support queries. Work with internal teams to triage and investigate issues and work with Product Management on the scheduling and prioritisation of resolutions. Manage customer expectations and communicate service desk updates in a clear and professional manner.
Participate in stakeholder forums (internal and external) as required to support needs analysis, workflow and design reviews and product reviews. This will involve presenting workflow design, product/design walk through and benefits identification/estimation.
Utilise structured requirements analysis/design methods and processes to ensure efficient and effective delivery for software developments in an Agile environment. In conjunction with the Product owner review existing processes and procedures to improve consistency, quality and productivity. Participate in team review processes for internal quality assurance of requirements and designs.
- Ensure knowledge sharing within the team, maintaining collective domain and product knowledge and ensure flexibility within the team.
- Ensure requirements and designs meet applicable standards and regulatory requirements and are adaptable and flexible to enable compliance with National Government requirements
- Provide Deployment Support as necessary, reviewing requests for change and undertaking detailed analysis and design where necessary.
Understanding of the following is required;
- Working in a problem solving environment
- Being part of a structured team in an agile environment
- ITIL and quality assurance principles with the willingness to train if required
- Need for requirements analysis and creation of solution specifications;
- Good customer facing skills and working with multidisciplinary teams and forming good business relationships.
- I.T Technical understanding
Knowledge and skills
- Strong decision making, negotiation and analytical skills;
- Understanding of current UK health care and/or Social Care sectors
- Thorough understanding of trends in IT adoption, application and benefits;
- Ability to manage and collaborate with internal and external customers;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communications;
- Competent user of MS office applications and requirement gathering, documentation and management tools.
Degree in business or IT related subject is preferable but not essential Experience of working as part of a Service Delivery Team or Service Desk would be beneficial.
Willingness to train to achieve additional vocational qualifications
- Problem solving approach;
- Risk assessment;
- Crisis aversion;
- Time management;
- Energy and motivation;
- Positive under pressure;
- Results driven;
- Team player
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter and CV to email@example.com