Android Developer (contractor)
You will join an experienced team who use agile principals to create innovative, high quality software across multiple platforms for the healthcare industry. Working closely with the other development team members your knowledge and experience will be put to good use building scalable backend services and customer facing client applications which underpin our product suite.
We are looking for an ambitious and self-motivated individual. In return we offer a relaxed, friendly working environment with a competitive salary and excellent career progression prospects.
- Develop new and maintain existing features within our Android application.
- Deliver builds to our customers using our Azure hosted DevOps pipeline.
- Manage the publication of builds on the Google Play Store.
Skills / Experience
- A thorough understanding of the Java language.
- Experience developing Android apps using the Eclipse IDE.
- Experience with other Android technologies such as Kotlin and Gradle.
- Experience with Android API levels 19+.
- Experience developing Android apps that consume web services.
- Able to develop user interfaces programmatically and extend / create custom controls.
- Ability to trace, diagnose and improve application performance.
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery concepts.
- Exposure to software development within the Healthcare IT sector.
- Use of GIT for source control.
- Working within a Scrum Framework.
- At least 18 months’ commercial Android development experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Able to demonstrate a dynamic and enthusiastic approach to software development.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- Aptitude to quickly grasp new concepts and information.
- Able to self-manage
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to email@example.com