Homebased, Office Base – Garforth
Business Development Director
- To have responsibility for company order intake in a defined geographical territory.
- To prepare and deliver presentations to this aim. To prepare proposals and tender submissions to this aim.
- To define, negotiate and agree commercial terms for orders, and to actively participate in the negotiation of new contracts with the support of System C legal advisors.
- To have a sales target against which you are partly remunerated and to work effectively towards this.
- To account manage a number of existing ‘live’ customer sites and to develop these to their full potential utilising a range of Liquidlogic products/services.
- To pursue opportunities in Councils/organisations that are not currently customers. This will involve working to open up new opportunities and leading on tender submissions and presentations.
- To represent Liquidlogic to both customers and prospective customers, and to do this at a senior level, for example by working with customer and prospective customer Directors, to further the interests of the company.
- To work with partner companies to forge business relationships where appropriate.
- Working to ensure customer satisfaction with products/services at all times
- Resolve and/or escalates customer issues in a timely fashion.
- Work with other areas of the business to aid setting and managing of customer expectations
- To have an understanding of Company systems – JIRA/Wiki – and to use these tools where appropriate
- Liaise with the marketing team around customer and prospect contact activities to enable them to update relevant information held in these systems as required.
- Plan/carry out/support local marketing activities to agreed budgets and timescales and integrate personal sales efforts with other organized marketing activities; e.g. product launches, customer events, exhibitions and conferences.
- Respond to and follow-up sales enquiries using appropriate methods.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities.
- Report regularly to the Business Development Director on progress and status of each account in the territory including any prospective orders and any customer satisfaction issues.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage a complex caseload, ensuring that deadlines are met whilst balancing the workload across team members
- Persuasive and credible in a sales context
- Must exercise good commercial judgment to protect the company’s interests, in written formats (e.g. bids) and in dialogue with customers
- Strong ICT skills
- Excels at establishing and building meaningful relationships
- Self-motivated/good organisational skills
- To work as part of a team for the overall benefit of the business
- To have the ability to work to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment
- Ability to recognise, analyse and solve issues
- Will be required to travel and stay overnight, to carry out the role effectively
- To represent the Company appropriately at all times
- Full UK Driving Licence required
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter and CV to email@example.com