System C provides modern, easy-to-use, integrated IT solutions for the UK health and social care sectors. Our solutions help our customers deliver improvements in the quality of care, combined with increased efficiency and financial savings.
System C has nearly 25 years of experience dedicated to supporting health and social care in the UK. We understand our customers’ needs and priorities and are proud to have built up a broad portfolio of market-leading solutions designed specifically to support them in the delivery of integrated services across whole care communities.
System C & Graphnet Care Alliance
System C and Graphnet together form the System C & Graphnet Care Alliance, a strategic alliance offering integrated IT solutions to the UK health and social care market.
Together we are:
- The no. 1 supplier in social care with 49% of local authorities with social service responsibilities using our Liquidlogic software
- The no. 1 supplier in shared care records with over 40 CCGs (covering 12m patients) using CareCentric shared records in their area
- The no. 1 supplier in mobile decision support systems with over 30 Trusts and 750 wards performing over 6 million assessments a month with CareFlow Vitals (formerly Vitalpac)
- The no. 2 supplier in acute Electronic Patient Records with deployments in 23 Trusts
- The no. 1 supplier in child health (covering 5.4m children)
- A significant provider in areas such as maternity and Business Intelligence
We specialise in providing health and social care solutions that allow for the integration of services across whole care communities. We do this by linking information from multiple systems, integrating workflows between care settings and supporting multi-provider reporting & analysis.
Our solutions use leading-edge technologies - including mobile, wearables, instant messaging and machine learning - to radically redesign services and the way clinicians and patients interact together.
The post holder will be a member of the System C Acute Unit Sales Team and be responsible for managing New Business creation and account managing a number of territory based customer accounts, so that agreed annual business targets of revenue, profit and other associated objectives defined are achieved.
The post holder has a direct impact on orders, revenue and profitability of the Company. The post holder will also be responsible for generating a high value pipeline for the future.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To plan and carry out direct sales activities, so as to maintain and develop System C’s range of software tools to UK healthcare prospects and existing customers in accordance with agreed business plans. Responsible for the sale of solutions into the NHS, Private Healthcare and wider opportunities as determined. Duties involve identifying and closing both new and existing account opportunities and will require the post holder to:
- Lead the whole sales lifecycle process, including initial prospect engagement through to negotiation and closing of business and be capable of engaging senior level (e.g. Board level executives) prospects;
- Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales - especially managing personal time and productivity;
- Plan and manage personal business portfolio/territory/business according to an agreed market development strategy;
- Protect and increase existing customer account revenues;
- Identify account-based threats early and take action to manage these;
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods, and relevant internal liaison, to optimise quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction;
- Use customer and prospect contact activities tools and systems, and update relevant information held in these systems;
- Plan/carry out/support local marketing activities to agreed budgets and timescales, and integrate personal sales efforts with other organised marketing activities, e.g., product launches, promotions, advertising, exhibitions and telemarketing;
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries using appropriate methods;
- Record, analyse, report and administer according to systems and requirements of the company;
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships;
- Participate in contract negotiations;
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development;
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills;
- Adhere to health and safety policy, and other requirements relating to care of equipment.
Skills and Experience:
The post holder must ideally have knowledge and demonstrable experience of dealing with:
- The NHS current market client base, including an overview of an understanding of the current market structure, the national Department of Health policy drivers, current issues and national targets set by the Health Minister and the business issues facing health organisations;
- An understanding of relevant local strategic initiatives and future operational plans of organisations within the healthcare market;
- Demonstrable success of winning business consistently within a pressurised, target-driven IT healthcare environment;
- Five years experience within market sector;
- Success in meeting sales quota year over year;
- Clinical training will be a distinct advantage.
The post-holder must have the following skills:
- Advanced selling skills;
- Strong commercial awareness;
- Advanced qualification skills;
- Highly attuned interpersonal skills;
- Territory and time management skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Highly attuned negotiating skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Closing skills;
- Literacy, Numeracy, and Persuasiveness;
- Creative writing skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Work well both independently and as part of a team;
- A high degree of self-motivation and drive;
- Consistent use of CRM technology;
- Full UK Driving Licence required.
It is desirable for the post-holder to have the following skills:
- A consultative style of selling able to identify values and solutions to client problems;
- An ability to research and provide market intelligence information, setting up many different channels in order to assist with marketing and sales strategy tactics;
- Strategic thinker;
- Clinical background.
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org