2nd/3rd Line Cloud Support Engineer
Purpose of the role
With the growth of cloud-based systems and technologies, System C’s operations team are looking to recruit several support engineer roles to help with the management and support of our internal and external cloud-based systems and services.
You will work closely with the Solution Reliability Engineers (SREs) and technical teams to ensure that new products and services are handed over from the development and operations teams in a controlled manner, complete with documentation, training, tooling and automation.
Responsibilities will then include proactively maintaining and monitoring production systems, suggesting and implementing improvements to the quality and efficiency of the organisation’s cloud-based products and services, including opportunities for savings.
You will also assist the SRE team with automating the build and delivery pipeline, identifying opportunities to improve solution delivery, and sharing your expert knowledge with team members to facilitate the continued growth and improvement of the whole team.
Moreover, this role will suit a natural and methodical problem solver with an automation first mindset. As such, scripting skills are a must, along with a desire to learn new technologies and platforms.
Duties and responsibilties
- Deployment, support and ongoing maintenance of cloud product sets (24x7)
- Identifying and proposing solutions to existing problems and inefficiencies with existing and new products and processes.
- Ensuring systems and applications have sufficient and actionable monitoring
- Maintenance of existing automation configuration and tools, working closely with SRE team on new opportunities for automation and improvement.
- Extension and improvement to monitoring tools and platforms used within the operations teams
- Provision of help, advice and support to other members of the team and company
- Adherence to Company and Team policies and working practices.
- May be required to work at other Company Sites, Customer sites or Datacentres as required
- To work as part of the team as well as being self-motivated and self-sufficient
- Participation in a 24x7 On Call Rota
Skills and experience
Candidates should have experience and ideally qualifications in all or many of the following areas –
- Experience in scripting in PowerShell or similar.
- Understanding of core cloud technologies compute, virtual networks, storage and database.
- Strong security awareness, experience of designing, deploying and maintaining cloud and on-premise products in a secure manner.
- Good customer service skills, and the ability to represent SystemC at customer locations
- Strong documentation and verbal skills
- Good organizational skills to meet agreed workload timescales, as well as working under pressure
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Appreciation of networking concepts and terminology
- ITIL knowledge, principles and application
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org